Wednesday 11 May 2016

Life Drawing//Year 1 reflection and analysis

Since starting on the BA drawing course I have found that my confidence has improved and I am now able to use my own sense of line to communicate an idea of the body and form of the figure in front of me. Whereas before I was very nervous in approaching what was in front of me, this showed in my first assessment where it was pointed out that my line was distinguishable between life drawing and my other practice. It was noted that my line was more cautious and this took away from what I was drawing. I tended to go full on straight away with documenting what was in front of me. The marks were chaotic and confused and I often found myself losing faith with what I was drawing.

Confidence has played a huge part in the progression of my life drawing in the second semester. I have found a way of working with line that I think gets across what I want to with drawing. The fundamentals of drawing for me is shape, line and mark making and I have found a minimal way of capturing this in one stroke which differs hugely from my work on foundation.

When working with my sense of line it is always important that I have been able to translate a sense of gesture with what I am doing. I have this habit of working very quickly as I want to translate what is in my head to paper as quickly as possible. This is something I want to work on next year and become more considered with what I am drawing. I am able to work quickly which is something I have improved on and I think this is a fundamental skill to have because of how it is important to use drawing to capture the world around us rather than just photographing or writing notes.

I think through doing quick warm up poses straight away it has made me think less about what I am drawing and thinking more about the figure in front of me and considering the line and curves of the form and how this is built up.



No comments:

Post a Comment